The Most Comprehensive Business Management Manual Available Online
Once you have your web pages and content in place it's time to optimize them so that your pages will rank as high as possible on Google and the other search engines. In this topic we'll deal with the "On Page" optimization.
While the "Off-Page" optimization, mainly the external linking structure (that we be discussed in another topic), is what will give you your unfair advantage - the on-page optimization is a prerequisite for the off-page to succeed. What I mean to say is that if the on-page optimization is not done right, the best off-line optimization in the world will not help you one bit. so you need to pay attention here.
I'll walk you now step by step in what you need to do:
1. Title tag - this is an HTML tag that goes within the header section of web page. Title tags are the most important on-page factor for SEO. Your keyword should be included within the title tag preferably close to the beginning of it. This is what Google shows on its search results page so you should also make it attractive so that it will entice searchers to click on it. Don't just throw your keyword there, make sure that it is appealing.
2. Headline tags (H1, H2, H3) - make sure your page include one H1 tag with your keyword in it. This headline tag shows Google that the text within it is important to the intended audience.
3. Meta Description tag - while this does not have a bearing on the ranking of the page, Google still pulls the text of how it describes your page to other people from this tag - be sure to make it attractive so that more people will be clicking your page.
4. Images - you should include at list 1 image in each page. Also add one video to one of the pages in your site, you can simply embed a video from YouTube. Make sure one of the images has your keyword in its ALT tag. All other images need to also have ALT tags but should not include your keyword in them. Too many ALT tags with your keyword can lead to an over optimization penalty by Google.
4. Keyword density - the exact keyword density is not important, I'll say it again, the exact percentage of the keyword density is not import. Simply include about 3 instances of your keyword in each page, one of them should be close to the beginning of the article, one of them can be in Bold or Italics and that will do (do not be tempted to overdo it - that's a common newbie mistake).
5. Synonyms - you can include 2 or 3 synonyms to your page that does not include exact words from your keyword.
6. Article Topic - this is important- your content should be on topic and match the niche and the keyword that is being targeted.
7. Outbound link - add one outbound link pointing to an authority site in your topic. This could be a Wikipedia page in a similar topic to yours. Place it at the bottom of the page, you can call it 'recommended source' or something similar. Ah, and do not add a 'no follow' tag to it, leave it in a natural state.
8. Unique Content - the page should be unique and not a duplicated one, if you are using a spun article it should be at least 75% unique. it should also be making sense and has decent grammar.
9. Length of articles - each page should be between 500 and 1000 words long. Be sure to vary the length of the articles in a site. Don't make all the articles exactly the same size.
Once your site is online and the on-page optimization is set, it's time to start creating links pointing to it. how? see the topic: 'SEO: Link Building Strategies'.
Disclaimer: While every effort is made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, the website is provided “as is” and Bizmove.com makes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information found on it. While the content of this site is provided in good faith, we do not warrant that the information will be kept up to date, be true and not misleading, or that this site will always (or ever) be available for use. Nothing on this website should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation and we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the content and use of this site.
Copyright © by Bizmove. All rights reserved.