Getting your business mentioned in the press is an extremely good way to achieve a positive image and attract new customers to your business. Few things can give you as much credibility than as being recommended by a major newspaper or magazine. But just how do you write a press release that gets attention, and brings in results? Although I can't guarantee that you'll get media attention, I can tell you how you can increase the odds of seeing your business in the real-world media.
What is a Press Release?
A press release is a document that is written out in a specific format that is used to pitch a reporter or editor or to make an announcement
that you believe is newsworthy.
The basic outline for a press release is as follows:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Further Information Contact:
Full Name of Contact
Direct Phone Number
Some City, Some State -- Date (i.e. January 27th, 2001) -- Introductory paragraph that answers Who, When, Where, What and So What?
A second paragraph offering more information.
Third paragraph includes a quote that's attributed to somebody important, for example: "It's a revolutionary product," says Joe Smith, CEO of Big Company Inc.
Fourth paragraph includes some more information, perhaps another quote.
Fourth paragraph often includes history and background information about the company.
# # #
The entire press release should be no more than 400 words, or one printed page.
Five Things That You Must Do In Your Press Release
1. Make your press release newsworthy. Make sure that you have something to say that'll be of interest to the readers of the publication that you're sending the press release to. Keep in mind that the media love news stories with a human side to them. Make your angle on the story entertaining, interesting or newsworthy or don't bother sending out a press release at all.
2. Target your releases. There's no point in sending a press release about the launch of your jewelry store to "Fishing World" magazine.
3. Use the proper press release format. Have a professional check the press release for grammar and spelling.
4. Keep the press release concise. Get to the point in the first paragraph. Use clear, concise, vivid language. There's no better way to get your story ignored than sending a lengthy release which doesn't state it's purpose (Who, When, Where, What) right upfront. Don't fill the press release with buzz-words, hyperbole and exaggerated claims.
5. Write an excellent headline. The headline is 90% of your press release. Here are a few headlines that worked extremely well
- I Can Help Anyone Find the Love of Their Life in 90 Days Or Less!
- Abraham Lincoln's Office Is Being Given Away... For Free!
- Brooklyn Bridge Sold By New Jersey Man... For $14.95!
Write headlines that attract attention, stir emotion and create pictures in the mind of the reader.
More On Targeting
Be careful who you send your press release to. When compiling your own media list don't waste your time getting the email addresses or fax numbers of every newspaper and magazine in the country, just the ones who would be interested in your story. Likewise, when you purchase a media list, don't send your press release to every contact. Take some time to filter out all the ones who wouldn't care about your press release, no matter how good it is.
If you are interested in a half year duration see 6 month car insurance for helpful tips on the topic. How about getting more favorable premiums costs for younger drivers? see car insurance for 17 year olds and motor car insurance for under 21 and vehicle insurance for male and female under 25 years old. Here is another list of drivers insurance useful articles,
As for helpful tips regarding no deposit premium payments see car insurance with no deposit and for a list of low cost brokers, agents and companies see car insurance with no deposit companies. Read the following informative article if you are looking for better rates for the young drivers in your family, cheaper vehicle insurance for young drivers. Now, for discovering new ways to get lower quotes go to general car insurance Read this article if your after high risk car insurance information.
How about getting a better deal on first time driver? just click the link. It may come a time that you'll be interested in canceling your policy, use this article for the instruction of how to do it. Our drivers insurance hub page features a list of guides that can surely help you get dirt cheap car insurance for teens drivers rates. For those of you who seek cheap quotes for a shorter term policy, read this article. and here are tips and advice for special interest groups such as young drivers and temporary insurance.
If you have first drivers in your family look here for useful advice regarding cheap drivers first car insurance on getting very very cheap car insurance quotes, other types of policies can include the following: no deposit car insurance, pay monthly, insuring classic cars for young drivers, getting better deal on cheap liability car insurance cost, locating good rates for new drivers. how about if you are interested in pay as you go auto insurance? yep there is a guide for you. And here is a list of car insurance companies cheapest. And the list concludes with a way to calculate car insurance estimate without personal information.
Disclaimer: While every effort is made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, the website is provided “as is” and Bizmove.com makes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information found on it. While the content of this site is provided in good faith, we do not warrant that the information will be kept up to date, be true and not misleading, or that this site will always (or ever) be available for use. Nothing on this website should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation and we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the content and use of this site.
Copyright © by Bizmove. All rights reserved.