A Practicle Guide
The following are general Wordpress tips and ideas not related to my system of making money online as presented in former chapters:
1. Check out add-ons to find simple tools which will make your site or blog better. For example, you could add a calendar to your side menu bar in order to share events which would be interesting to your readers. You can also find many great add-ons which provide control for advertising, turning your site into a revenue maker.
2. Remember to make your sidebar as concise and clean as possible. You don't want it to be full of 100 links, ads and buttons. Instead, only put what is important in your sidebar and, if you need more links, put them into submenus which appear when the user mouses over your main menu.
3. Set a publishing time for your blog posts. When editing an article for publication, you can select when it will be published. It's a good idea to set regular updates for a specific date and time. To really stay on top of keeping your blog up to date, put your blog posts in ahead of time and let WordPress post them to your blog for you.
4. Get familiar with the tools on WordPress to help you blog. For example, clicking on KITCHEN SINK gives you many more choices in formatting and importing that set your posts apart. Also, notice SCREEN OPTIONS on your administrator pages. This can be used to control several formatting elements.
5. One reason WordPress is so great to work with is that its plug-ins offer a dazzling array of functions. Be that as it may, you want to be careful when selecting plug-ins. Don't just start downloading them willy-nilly. Begin with the essential plug-ins: WP DataBase BackUp, All-In-One SEO Pack and WP Optimize. Choose others with care to get precisely what you need.
6. Have an easy to find library. Time is money and you don't need to check tons of folders to find one thing. It is easier to find things in your WordPress theme when everything is in one integrated folder. This makes searching through your Media Library much easier since it only involves inputting a keyword for what you're looking for.
7. Constantly work on improving your permalinks. As WordPress becomes more popular, your traffic may decline. Change the URLs of your WordPress articles and incorporate higher quality keywords. You can minimize the amount of keywords as long as their value increases. This can be a nice boost to the traffic you see.
8. It is important that you securely store your password. In addition, don't download plugins from disreputable sites and always read the reviews before installing any plugin. If your site becomes compromised, you will have to begin again; therefore, it is important to do everything you can to keep your site secure.
9. Routinely update your plugins. You can provide your site with unique power using WordPress plugins. However, they are updated just as other types of software are. You might miss out on important updates that keep the plugin working properly.
10. Do not use more plugin installations in WordPress than you need. The more you have, the more time it will take for your site to load. If your website is slow, it can affect your rankings with different search engines. Slower sites do not appear as high in search rankings as optimized sites.
11. Choose a focused keyword for each post or page you create. What would someone be searching for if this is the exact content they wanted? Be sure to make your key phrases targeted as simple queries, such as "sailing tips", are already overrun by thousands of competitors and their websites.
12. Only use the most recent updated WordPress version available. Updates will eliminate vulnerabilities. Older versions of WordPress leave you vulnerable to attack by malware. So, you should keep your WordPress program updated to minimize security breaches.
13. If you want to have a landing page as the front page of your site, you will first need to create a "home" page and then a second page for your blog. Next, go into Reading Settings and click the static page radio button. Choose your home page for the front page and your blog page for the posts page.
14. Most visitors to your WordPress site will have some type of social media account, whether it is Facebook or Twitter. If they see something and want to share it on their accounts, you want to make that process as easy as possible. Therefore, download a plugin that allows for social sharing.
15. When you upload images into the media gallery, try to keep the image file sizes down. Large image files take much longer to upload. When you use an image like that in your website, it will delay the load time of your page. This may discourage your visitors to stay and browse.
16. If you find that writing new posts is cluttered and confusing because of all the stuff on your page, clean it up! Use the Screen Options link to choose what shows up on the composition page and what remains hidden. Many of your plugins may add content you don't want, so remove it there.
17. You can easily get rid of external text formatting in WordPress. You may need to copy text from Word. Many times, it inserts characters that don't display properly, even with "Paste from Word" option. Select the "Show/Hide Kitchen Sink" option to show another row of buttons. Highlight the problematic text. Click on a button called "Remove Formatting" to fix it.
18. Make use of the footer section of your site. Many blogger neglect this area, especially beginners. Put information about yourself in this area, links to any of your other websites and links to important pages in your blog. It is important to make use of any area in your blog.
19. If you are doing a Wordpress blog for professional or search engine optimization purposes, don't let Wordpress actually host your blog. Put your blog on a different host and then just use the Wordpress application there. Blogs at Wordpress' website are sometimes deleted for being too commercial or deemed spammy in content.
20. Improve the look and style of the footer on your wordpress website. This is very important as it is the first thing that your viewer is going to see. Include a short bio that includes all of your details or important links that pertain to what you want to get across.
21. When you are done with your site, check out how it looks from a visitors standpoint. Did you get across everything that you wanted? Go to your site from someone else's computer to get their point of view and write down the changes that you will need to make to continually improve the aesthetics.
22. Enable different types of avatars on your website. This will make your site very fun and friendly for the users who visit it. Also, it will allow you to get across your personality in a better way. To find this component, visit the discussion area on your dashboard under settings.
23. When you use different tags for the topics on your blog, keep in mind that these are strictly for searching the content on your blog. These can't be used by search engines. If you want your pages to be searchable on Google, you have to install an SEO type plug-in such as Headspace.
24. Learn what you can before installing WordPress. The more you plan in advance, the better you can start off. Find out how to use SEO, how to make interesting content, and how you can use all that WordPress has to offer.
25. Use the "ABC" button to spell check your posts before they go live. Many people overlook this ability, but Wordpress can spell check your work for you. This ensures that you continue to give off a professional look with your posts and yet you don't have to use a separate program to do so.
26. If you want to create a line break, but not a paragraph break, hold shift while you press the enter key. This moves the cursor down to the next line without including any blank space. If you want to put a letterhead-type address on your page, this should make it a snap.
27. Images make your blog look beautiful; however, the images can also help your site rank higher among search engines. One of the easiest ways to do this is to add keywords to your title tag and alternate tags. Both of these tags should contain precise keywords in order to rank your site appropriately.
28. Get to know your Wordpress WYSIWYG editor. When you write a new post, you'll see a small bar that goes across the text input area. This is your WYSIWYG editor - meaning whatever you push will happen to whatever text you have highlighted. If you choose bold in the editor, the text you have chosen will become bold. It's similar to using Microsoft Word.
29. Want to change authors on a post? Just edit the post and click on "Screen Options". Next, choose Author and then choose whomever you want to become the author of the post. Next, click "update" or "publish" to finish the change and have it go live on your website and you're done.
Other books in this category that may interest you:
The Simple Strategy That Made Me an Internet Millionaire
111 Great Tips and Ideas Proven to Kick-Start Your Facebook Marketing
101 Great Tips and Ideas Proven to Kick-Start Your Affiliate Marketing
The Amazing Formula That Will Turn Your Website into a Million Dollar Cash Machine
101 Great Tips and Ideas Proven to Kick-Start Your Article Marketing
101 Great Tips and Ideas Proven to Kick-Start Your Email Marketing
Only Way Left for Little Guy to Make a Killing Online
Create a Blog for Profit
A Practicle Guide
101 Great Tips and Ideas Proven to Kick-Start Your Mobile Marketing
The SEO Tools that Made Me an Internet Marketing Millionaire
The SEO Tools that Made Me an Internet Marketing Millionaire
101 Great Tips and Ideas Proven to Kick-Start Your Web Design
101 Great Web Hosting Tips and Ideas
How to Make Money Online With Wordpress Sites
101 Great Tips and Ideas Proven to Kick-Start Your Video Marketing
If you are interested in a half year duration see 6 month car insurance for helpful tips on the topic. How about getting more favorable premiums costs for younger drivers? see car insurance for 17 year olds and motor car insurance for under 21 and vehicle insurance for male and female under 25 years old. Here is another list of drivers insurance useful articles,
As for helpful tips regarding no deposit premium payments see car insurance with no deposit and for a list of low cost brokers, agents and companies see car insurance with no deposit companies. Read the following informative article if you are looking for better rates for the young drivers in your family, cheaper vehicle insurance for young drivers. Now, for discovering new ways to get lower quotes go to general car insurance Read this article if your after high risk car insurance information.
How about getting a better deal on first time driver? just click the link. It may come a time that you'll be interested in canceling your policy, use this article for the instruction of how to do it. Our drivers insurance hub page features a list of guides that can surely help you get dirt cheap car insurance for teens drivers rates. For those of you who seek cheap quotes for a shorter term policy, read this article. and here are tips and advice for special interest groups such as young drivers and temporary insurance.
If you have first drivers in your family look here for useful advice regarding cheap drivers first car insurance on getting very very cheap car insurance quotes, other types of policies can include the following: no deposit car insurance, pay monthly, insuring classic cars for young drivers, getting better deal on cheap liability car insurance cost, locating good rates for new drivers. how about if you are interested in pay as you go auto insurance? yep there is a guide for you. And here is a list of car insurance companies cheapest. And the list concludes with a way to calculate car insurance estimate without personal information.
Disclaimer: While every effort is made to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, the website is provided “as is” and Bizmove.com makes no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of the information found on it. While the content of this site is provided in good faith, we do not warrant that the information will be kept up to date, be true and not misleading, or that this site will always (or ever) be available for use. Nothing on this website should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation and we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the content and use of this site.
Copyright © by Bizmove. All rights reserved.
Copyright © by Bizmove. All rights reserved.