Chapter 4: How to Create a Site That Will Attract Tremendous Amounts of Traffic
Once you have chosen your keywords you are ready to build your site. For your domain name you should strive for an exact match domain (EMD) if available. So if your keyword is 'women car insurance' you'll go for www.womencarinsurance.com. if this is not available try the .net, .info or any other TLD that happens to be available.
EMD domains used to get you a big advantage with Google - but not anymore. Unfortunately Google has changed their algo regarding EMDs but it still can get you some extra points, and of course anything that Google gives we are willing to take.
As for the hosting service I highly recommend you use HostGator (If the link doesn't work, copy and paste the following URL into a browser: www.liraz.com/hostgator), They are reliable, responsible and very suitable for internet marketing activities.
The cheapest and fastest way to build an effective niche site is to use Wordpress. and by the way, HostGator is probably the easiest web hosting platform to install Wordpress on. Using a few clicks of the mouse, your HostGator-hosted Wordpress site will be up and ready in less than five minutes. look for instructions at their site.
Once Wordpress is installed on your server there are some modifications that you need to make to the site.
First you need to set Wordpress to present SEO Friendly Permalinks. Although we don't' concentrate on the internal pages of our site, they often can rank in the SE's. So it is very important to set a good URL structure. Once logged into Wordpress, Click "Settings" then "Permalinks" and change it from default to "Post Name." This will change the structure of the URL's from default (site.com/?p=114 for example) to a good, SEO friendly version (site.com/title-of-post-goes-here).
Now replace the default theme with another one, simply find a new theme that is simple and "clean" - use the automated theme installation process from within Wordpress.
"Appearance" then "Themes" (while logged into Wordpress) then click the "Install Themes" tab. Leave all of the fields empty (they are by default) and then click the "Find Themes" button.
Next, Clean the theme from unnecessary elements - by default, most themes have the sidebar loaded up with useless things like META links, a calendar, archives etc. The footer also typically contains one or more links that can be removed and there are a few other useless things included by default as well. So the next step is to clean all of that up! We don't want excessive external links draining the authority we generate, which could be going back into our internal pages. And we want everything focused on the content and the ads.
Now you need to set the homepage to show only one article - it needs to look more like a static site and less like a blog. Primarily because it reduces canonical URL's and duplicate content. To do this, you're going to publish the homepage article as a page rather than as a post!
Once you've done that, click "Settings" then "Reading" and select the "A static page" radio button and then next to "Front page" select the page that is optimize for your keyword and then click "Save Changes." Now view your site in a browser and you should see that article, and that article only, on the homepage.
Now Clean up the footer and the sidebar and remove any unneeded links like the link to the theme creator's website, the link to Wordpress, Etc.
What theme should you choose for your Wordpress site?
While there are many free Wordpress themes out there, I recommend you use a theme called Thesis (If the link doesn't work, copy and paste the following URL into a browser: http://www.liraz.com/thesis). This is much more than a theme, it's more of a design and template manager for Wordpress and it's the best theme for a business site that is meant to be ranked high on the search engines.
Now what about content?
You need to start with at list 6 article pages for a new site. Each article should be 500 to 1000 words long.
The best source for site content is a service called Article Builder (If the link doesn't work, copy and paste the following URL into a browser: www.liraz.com/articlebuilder.
Article Builder produces high quality unique articles built around the topics and keywords that you give it. Each article is built by weaving together snippets to build an article based on your category and subtopic choices. They have tens of thousands of categorized snippets in the database, every time you generate an article, it's different!
If article builder does not have articles in your topic you'll have to contract someone to write the articles for you, this is not expensive. Simply run a Google search for "article writing" or "articles writers" and you'll get plenty of offers.
In addition to being a good source of content Article Builder has another extremely useful feature. It can post content automatically to your Wordpress site on the schedule you choose. Why this is important? because Google likes sites that are being updated with new material on a regular basis. It is recommended that you set Article Builder to post a new article to your site once a week or about 3 articles monthly, this way you'll gain some extra points with Google.
Now here is a trick to creating articles fast and cheap. This is not very ethical and I am a bit shame telling you I did it, but anyway since I pledged to tell you all my tricks (or at least most of them ;-), I fill obliged to tell you about this one too, just that you'll know that this is available.
Here's how it works, you run a Google search with your topic as the search term, you add the word 'tips' or 'Guide' to the search. Now you collect several snippets from different good on topic articles that came in the search. next, you combine these snippets into one article. Now you spin this article with a spinner software to get an entirely new article. Just make sure you use the manual spinning mode so that your article will make sense.
In case you are not familiar with the concept of "spinning articles" here are some explanations. With this process you utilize a simple software program that takes an original article and alter it using replacement words (synonyms via an automated thesaurus) in order to create entirely new articles without having to re-write them. It's called "spinning" an article. This have many uses in the Internet Marketing field and we will talk about it later when we discuss linking strategies.
The best spinner software on the market today is called... The Best spinner (If the link doesn't work, copy and paste the following URL into a browser: www.liraz.com/bestspiner). If you wish to be a successful internet marketer you need to familiarize yourself with this concept. They have on their site a nice video explaining its uses. You should take a look.
Optimizing Your Site For the Search Engines
Once you have your pages and content in place it's time to optimize them so that your pages will rank as higher as possible on Google and the other search engines. In this section we'll deal with the "On Page" optimization.
While the "Off-Page" optimization, mainly the external linking structure (that we'll discuses later), is what will give you your unfair advantage - the on-page optimization is a pre-requisite for the off-page to succeed. What I mean to say is that if the on-page optimization is not done right, the best off-line optimization in the world will not help you one bit. so you need to pay attention here.
I'll walk you now step by step in what you need to do:
1. Title tag - this is an HTML tag that goes within the header section of the page. Title tags are the most important on-page factor for SEO. Your keyword should be included within the title tag preferably close to the beginning of it. This is what Google shows on its search results page so you should also make it attractive so that it will entice searchers to click on it. Don't just throw your keyword there, make sure that it is appealing.
2. Headline tags (H1, H2, H3) - make sure your page include one H1 tag with your keyword in it. This headline tag shows Google that the text within it is important to the intended audience.
3. Meta Description tag - while this does not have a bearing on the ranking of the page, Google still pulls the text of how it describes your page to other people from this tag - be sure to make it attractive so that more people will be clicking your page.
4. Images - you should include at list 2 images in each page. Also add one video to one of the pages in your site, you can simply embed a video from YouTube. Make sure one of the images has your keyword in its ALT tag. All other images need to also have ALT tags but should not include your keyword in them. Too many ALT tags with your keyword can lead to an over optimization penalty by Google.
4. Keyword density - the exact keyword density is not important, I'll say it again, the exact percentage of the keyword density is not import. Simply include about 3 instances of your keyword in each page, one of them should be close to the beginning of the article, one of them can be in Bold or Italics and that will do (do not be tempted to overdo it - that's a common newbie mistake).
5. Synonyms - you can include 2 or 3 synonyms to your page that does not include exact words from your keyword.
6. Article Topic - this is important- your content should be on topic and match the niche and the keyword that is being targeted.
7. Outbound link - add one outbound link pointing to an authority site in your topic. This could be a Wikipedia page in a similar topic to yours. Place it at the bottom of the page, you can call it 'recommended source' or something similar. Ah, and do not add a 'no follow' tag to it, leave it in a natural state.
8. Unique Content - the page should be unique and not a duplicated one, if you are using a spun article it should be at least 75% unique. it should also be making sense and has decent grammar.
9. Length of articles - each page should be between 500 and 1000 words long. Be sure to vary the length of the articles in a site. Don't make all the articles exactly the same size.
Once your site is online and the on-page optimization is set, it's time to start creating links pointing to it. That's the subject of our next chapter.
Table of Contents
Copyright © by Bizmove. All rights reserved.