Chapter 2: Making Money Online Beginners Tips and Ideas
The following list of tips is meant to provide new comers with basic Internet Marketing advice to help improve their initial online marketing activities. It can also serve as an introduction to online marketing. Note that these tips are not necessary related to my strategy but rather constitute general internet marketing advice. If you are an experienced online marketer you may want to skip this chapter and go directly to the next one where I start explaining my simple, yet highly effective, strategy of making lots of money online.
Now here are the tips:
1. One great way to make money online is to use a site like Etsy or eBay to sell things you make yourself. If you have any talents, from sewing to knitting to carpentry, you can make a killing through online markets. People want items that are handmade, so join in!
2. Take paid surveys online if you want to make some extra cash on the side. Market research companies will want to get as much consumer feedback as possible, and these surveys are a great way to do this. Surveys may range anywhere from five cents to 20 dollars depending on the type you do.
3. If you'd like to make money online, try thinking outside the box. While you want to stick with something you know and are capable of doing, you will greatly expand your opportunities by branching out. Look for work within your preferred genre or industry, but don't discount something simply because you've never done it before.
4. You can make money online by playing games. Farm Gold is a great site that you can log in to and play fun games during the course of the day in your spare time. There are many games that you can choose from to make this a profitable and fun experience.
5. Put your down time to good use. There are many ways to earn money online that require little focus. This is true of tiny tasks on a crowdsourcing site like Mturk.com, known as Mechanical Turk. You can work on these tasks as you watch some TV. Don't expect to break the bank with this technique, but you can make some of your time online pay off instead of being time completely wasted.
6. Begin a podcast talking about some of the things that you have interest in. If you get a high following, you may get picked up by a company who will pay you to do a certain amount of sessions per week. This can be something fun and very profitable if you are good at speaking.
7. Don't quit your day job until the online money making opportunity you're looking into starts paying off. While it could prove to be a jackpot, you don't want to risk being up the creek if it's not what you were hoping for. Always have enough money in the bank for a few month's of bills, just to be on the safe side.
8. If you love to write, consider selling your fiction or non-fiction work through an electronic book on the Internet. This is a great way to tell everyone that you know things about something and make money in the process. Beginning with a collection of recipes is an excellent way to begin with E-books.
9. Use affiliates on your personal website. Do you have a blog or some other sort of presence online? Do you get a lot of traffic? Try affiliate marketing. It requires very little effort on your part. By registering your site with sites like Google Adsense, you could make a considerable amount in passive income.
10. Working online is likely not to make you a millionaire overnight. Even Perez Hilton or Ariana Huffington had to work hard to get their sites to be popular. The same goes for you, whether you are writing SEO articles or designing websites. Don't let frustration cause you to quit if you don't strike it rich quickly.
11. Selling items on eBay is a great way to make some money online. You may have things that are just collecting dust in your home and taking up space. On eBay, you can sell these items. All you have to do is create a profile and put your items up for sale.
12. Don't buy into anything that tells you that you can make a whole bunch of money if you pay into a system. A lot of these things that promise you a fortune were put together by someone to get your money and not help you at all. Use common sense and you should do fine if this comes up.
13. If you have a lot to say and you think others will like reading it, you should think about starting a blog. Having ads placed on your blog can earn you a decent amount of residual income each month. The best way to maximize your earnings would be to place ads that are relevant to your content.
14. If you plan on making serious money online, make sure you've got the right equipment for the job. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to complete a job and your Internet times out, or is so slow that you miss a bid or other opportunity. Have the necessary equipment and make sure you're software is up to date too.
15. Photography is a growing business. If you like taking pictures, and you are good at it, you could make money selling those pictures online. Look into companies like Shutterstock and Fotolia, which are stock photo agencies. They make it easy for people to earn a little extra money by taking pictures.
16. Start making money online doing microgigs. Register at Fiverr and offer small tasks that you can do for others for five bucks. If you can't think of anything you can do that people might pay for, browse over what is already offered. You will be surprised at the kinds of tasks that are available.
17. Take paid surveys online if you want to make some extra cash on the side. Market research companies will want to get as much consumer feedback as possible, and these surveys are a great way to do this. Surveys may range anywhere from five cents to 20 dollars depending on the type you do.
18. If you enjoy writing, take a look at revenue sharing sites. Both of these sites let you write on your favorite topics, and you get a split of the incoming revenue. Additionally, you can also use Amazon's affiliate program to increase your earning potential.
19. If you love to draw, you can sell some of the photography that you create on the web. Initially, you may want to post your goods on Craigslist or a smaller site to get the word out and see if people will bite. If there is a high following, you can move to a more prominent site.
20. When looking for opportunities to make money online, try the big name companies first. Amazon and eBay for example, are trusted and have proven to work for millions of people. While it can be safe and lucrative to go with unknowns, the big companies have track records, tools and other ways of ensuring your success from the get-go.
21. Remember to create a budget before you start to work online. You need to know what your overhead will be, be it the cost of your computer and internet connection if your work will be completely totally virtually, or any supplies you need if your plan is to sell items online.
22. Are you a good salesperson? Look into becoming an affiliate. In this line of work, you will earn money each time you sell a product that you have agreed to endorse. After joining an affiliate program, you will get a referral link. From there, you can begin selling products, either on your own website or on someone else's site.
23. Freelancing is a great way to work online. There are a number of sites that will allow you to log on and put in an idea or proposal. Buyers then search the available options and figure out what they would like to purchase. Freelancing is best suited for skills that involve things like programming and data entry.
24. There are many opportunities for online tutors in subjects ranging from mathematics to language. Possible students are many and varied. You might teach your native language to people living in other countries via VoIP. Another possibility is to tutor schoolchildren, high schoolers or college students in a subject in which you specialize. You can work with an online tutoring agency or set up your own website to begin.
25. Blogging is one way that is very popular to make money on the Internet. You may enjoy blogging as a hobby, so why not try it for profit? You could make money though it by advertising. You can earn money every time one of your readers clicks on an ad from your blog.
26. If you have a knack for writing, there are various internet portals that offer work for writers of all levels. Sites like iWriter and Write.com allow you to write for various sources who need well-written content. Make your writing skill work for you and you can generate much needed income.
27. If you like to make things, consider selling your items on Etsy. This is a crafts marketplace growing in popularity around the Internet. Users from around the world can browse over items made by individual craftsmakers looking to sell and ship their wares to anyone interested. Regardless of your own self-criticism or self-confidence, make anything you can and try to sell it to see if it is a hit or not.
28. Be honest with yourself about how much money you can earn online. Depending on what you're planning to do, it is important that you are realistic about your goals. Even if you have to pay your bills, look for several opportunities to make ends meet, but never put all of your eggs into one basket.
29. Try becoming a virtual assistant. There are many small businesses that need small jobs done, but they can't afford to hire full-time people. This is where a virtual assistant comes in. You can work part-time for several clients. Some virtual assistants make around $20 an hour. The tasks vary but usually include scheduling appointments, communicating with clients, writing emails, and more.
30. Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways that you can make money online in your spare time. This type of marketing means that you will sell other people's stuff and get paid a commission when you do. There are all types of items that you can sell depending on your style.
31. Have you tried flipping domain names? You can make some serious cash through domain flipping. Sure it takes a small investment, but, like real estate, it can really make you a hefty profit. You can find trending keywords on Google AdSense. Buy some acronym-based domains. Find some names that you think you can make money off of.
32. Design and build websites for people on the web to make some extra cash on the side. This is a great way to showcase the skills that you have using programs like Kompozer. Take a class beforehand on website design if you want to brush up on your skills before starting up.
33. If you have a blog or website ready to go, think about selling advertising space on it. You will earn money each time one of your visitors stops what they are doing and clicks on the ad. The best way to be successful and earn money with pay-per-click advertising is to have a good website that offers valuable information. This will increase your traffic flow as well as the number of clicks you are getting. Google AdSense is one program that can get you started.
34. Taking online surveys is a great way to make money online, but you should not look at it as a full-time income. The best thing to do would be to do this in addition to your regular employment. Joining multiple will help increase your earnings, so sign up for as many as you can.
35. If you have some online know-how, consider web hosting reselling. If you are able to offer the right support to your customers you can make excellent money through reselling web hosting. You basically become a middle-man for your clients based off their web hosting needs. As the business thrives, your level of support will need to be strong, and always available.
36. Found your online money-making career on a solid base of integrity. You won't ever truly be able to delete something off of the Internet after it has happened. Newbie mistakes are normal, but scamming and illegal activity is likely to come back to hurt you.
37. If you have the ability to type quickly, you may consider transcription jobs. You need to have good headphones and the ability to keep up with what is being said. Often, the companies will have their own formatting guidelines. Familiarize yourself with these prior to beginning. Once you have, you can begin transcribing.
38. You can make money simply by signing up to do things that you do anyway. Some sites will reward you with points for searching the Internet or making purchases you were already going to make. You can redeem the points for gift cards or merchandise. Swagbucks and Mypoints are two such websites to check out.
39. If you come across a money-making opportunity online, do some research to see if anyone has reviewed it. Sometimes a company makes all types of promises about high income potentials, but reviews may say otherwise. To avoid getting burned, research a business opportunity thoroughly before you make any time or financial commitments.
40. If you have a blog or website, you can advertise products for other people. Find vendors that offer products related to your site and see if they offer an affiliate program. Stick to brands and products that are familiar to your since they will be easier to sell. Include a link to buy the products or place a graphical ad somewhere on your site.
41. Sign up to become a mystery shopper. This is a great way to make money as you will have to shop at various places and take notes on your shopping experience. When you are finished, you will have to write up a report on the computer, which you will be compensated for.
42. Start out small when you want to make money online, to minimize potential losses. For example, something that looks promising could turn out to be a bust and you don't want to lose a lot of time or money. Do a single task, write just one article or order only one item until the site you choose proves to be safe and worthy.
43. Figure out how much you are looking to make before you begin. For example, I don't want to work for less than $15 per hour, otherwise spending time with my family or completing chores would be more worthwhile to me. What is your worth? Once you determine it, stick to your guns!
44. It takes some research time to get to know the details of successful making money online. So start of small, in a few areas and find out what you enjoy doing and what has the most potential. Having others who are also working online in the same job market can be a great asset to help you find the best niche for your talents. With good information and a curious and open mind, you can learn all you need to know to make money online.
45. Beware of sites where you have to make a bid to complete someone's work. These sites devalue you based on the fact that the lowest bid most frequently wins. There will be some people hiring on these sites who are decent, of course, but the bulk just want their work done cheaply.
46. Your online income should be diversified through as many streams as you can. Earning a living online can be difficult. What works today may not work tomorrow. This is why you need to have income from several different sources. If you lose one source of income, you'll still have others to fall back on.
47. Sign up for a data entry job if you want to make extra money on the side. These are time consuming jobs, but can add up in the long run and do not require a lot of skill. One of the great benefits of this job is that you'll be able to do it in your home.
48. Are you a grammar nut? Do you understand the nuances of the English language? Consider working as a copy editor. You can get paid to look over articles that were written by others, seeking out any errors in the work and then correcting them. The best part is that you can do it all from the comfort of your own home.
49. Search online for some of the top opening bonus deals at banks and take advantage of their specials. Sometimes, you can make up to 250 dollars just by signing up for an account and switching your direct deposit. Make sure to read all of the fine print before you sign anything though.
50. Medical transcription can be a good way to make money online as a full time career. Formal training is required, and this can be costly. Additionally, it is necessary to have good computer and transcription equipment that works reliably. A great deal of work is available for people who are able and willing to invest in training and good equipment. Pay is quite substantial.
51. Making money though the Internet can be something that changes with time. Do you like talking on the phone? VoIP technology creates opportunities to work as a virtual assistant or to work remotely as a customer service agent. Do you have a knack for writing great fiction? Try selling your short stories as eBooks on Amazon. Are you a masterful interior decorator? Make articles that teach someone how to do something, and then publish them on DigitalOcean.
52. If you own the right equipment, create videos. Just put them up on YouTube.com. If you have an interesting video that either teaches something skillful or with a humorous slant, you will gain regular viewers. Then, advertisements can be placed on the page. These are great for generating income.
53. Even though you may be able to make money online regularly, keeping physical records of your work and earnings is still important. Print out the data from a well-maintained spreadsheet or keep a notebook by your computer. Keep accurate and up to date information that you will later need for tax purposes, to verify income or just for your own purposes. Data can be lost all too easily online.
54. Research what others are doing online to make money. There are so many ways to earn an online income these days. Take some time to see how the most successful people are doing it. You may discover ways of generating an income that you never thought of before! Keep a journal so that you remember them all as you move along.
55. If owning your own blog is a bit too time consuming, but you would still like to write and earn money, thing about creating articles for existing blogs. There are a number out there, including Weblogs and PayPerPost. With a little research and a bit of initiative, you could get set up with one of these sites and start earning money in no time.
56. Design unique logos for some of the new startup sites on the web. This is a great way for you to show the talent that you have and also help someone out who is not artistically skilled. Negotiate the price with your client in advance before you provide your service.
57. Use Google to search for online moneymaking opportunities. Your search should yield many results. If you locate a company that interests you, read reviews first. Be cautious to protect yourself.
58. Join a focus group if you want to make some money on the side. These groups gather together from an internet hub at a physical location where they will talk about a new product or service that is out on the market. Generally, these groups will gather in very big cities near you.
59. If you are dedicated to making money online, you should be following blogs on the topic. You need to spend 20% of your time learning about the online market and 80% working through it. Blogs are a great way to find out about new opportunities or beneficial tips and tricks.
60. Don't be afraid to make contact with real people, just because you're looking for money making opportunities online. While most sites are self-explanatory and can be operated with little to no assistance, you can find out more about legitimacy by conducting conversations with site owners or other employees. If you don't hear back anything, that could be a red flag!
61. Selling items on eBay is a great way to make some money online. You may have things that are just collecting dust in your home and taking up space. On eBay, you can sell these items. All you have to do is create a profile and put your items up for sale.
62. Are you familiar with online marketing? A company may want you to engage in search engine marketing for their website. You would be responsible for doing things like writing blogs, writing press releases, posting in forums and even doing a little social bookmarking. However, this is not really something you'll be able to do without any previous knowledge or experience.
63. Almost anything you can think of can become a way to earn money online. Do you love reading and take part in a book club in person? You can write a blog reviewing the books your group reads. Add some affiliate links to Amazon.com so that people can buy those books. How about crocheting? Try selling booties for babies online!
64. If you know how to prepare taxes, you can earn money online. Apply for the necessary government licenses and then begin offering your services online. Many of today's top producers work from home with only their laptop and an email address. For best results, continually advertise your services throughout the year.
65. Be honest when you make money on the internet, right from the beginning. Your online reputation can follow you all the time, such as IP bans if you break the rules. Anything illegal or immoral can cost you your online reputation.
66. To make real money online, consider launching a freelance writing career. There are numerous reputable sites that offer decent pay for article and content writing services. By checking into these options and reading feedback of each company, it really is possible to earn an income without ever leaving your home.
67. If you already have a business, you can increase your sales through online marketing. Advertise your products on your own website. Offer special discounts and sales. Keep the information updated. Ask customers to join a mailing list so they get steady reminders about your products. You have the ability to reach a worldwide audience this way.
68. If you want to do something creative, consider ways to create viral videos. Brainstorm ideas that you think are rip riotously hilarious, then start putting them into action. Post them on YouTube, turn on ads and, if they work, watch the money start rolling in! Learn about marketing to see how you can get them even more popular.
69. Research what others are doing online to make money. There are so many ways to earn an online income these days. Take some time to see how the most successful people are doing it. You may discover ways of generating an income that you never thought of before! Keep a journal so that you remember them all as you move along.
70. Remember, making money online is a long term game! Nothing happens over night when it comes to online income. It takes time to build up your opportunity. Don't get frustrated. Work at it every single day, and you can make a big difference. Persistence and dedication are the keys to success!
71. If you intend to make money online, join at least one forum first. There is a lot to be learned, and you can do so from other people's mistakes, rather than having to make your own. Introduce yourself, ask questions and make connections too. Networking for online money-making situations can turn into very lucrative jobs.
72. Consider the things you already do, be they hobbies or chores, and consider how you can use those talents online. If you make your children clothing, make two of each and sell the extra on the internet. Love to bake? Offer your skills through a website and people will hire you!
73. Making money online is something you can't just do overnight. You have to stick to your plan and remember that perseverance will get you through the tough times. The harder you work at it, the more you will make, so steel your determination and keep reading article like this one to learn more.
74. Translate documents if you are fluent in a second language and want to make money on the side. Check out the freelancing sites to find people who will need things altered into a different language. This can be anyone from a large corporation to an individual who wants to translate something for a friend.
75. To steal from an environmental bumper sticker, think global but act local. Check out yard sales, estate sales, flea markets, swap meets and Goodwill stores close to home. Also check out local free listings on Freecycle or Craigslist. Find things people are getting rid of locally and then list them online to feed global demand.
76. Never pay money to obtain work online. Legitimate work online should pay you, not the other way around. If a service is charging you to provide you with work opportunities, chances are they are just playing middleman and providing links that are available for free if you know where to look.
77. Before you set your heart on making money online, set your household up. Making sure you are free from interruptions can be a very important part of your success. Children, spouses and other people can cut you off at the most inconvenient times. Make sure your time is your own, so you can maximize earnings.
78. Pay per lead is a great way for you to make money online. With this, you will get paid every time someone comes to the site that you refer them to. This can add up if you are able to get a lot of people to come. If you have a plethora of Twitter followers or Facebook friends, this option is for you.
Table of Contents
Copyright © by Bizmove. All rights reserved.